New Fence Check List
“I need a fence but where do I start?” We suggest you consider the following questions when deciding on what type of fence you may require.
- What is the purpose of the fence?
Better privacy, noise reduction, more security, a nicer look, keeping children safe, or pets in.
- What height does it need to be?
Standard fence heights are 1200mm and 1800mm. Non-standard fence heights are generally 2000mm and above.
- What fence material would look best with my house?
E.g. Timber, Colorbond, glass, pool fencing.
- What colours go best with my house?
Ask yourself, is the fence to going to blend into the landscape or be a feature of your property.
- Do I need to keep animals in or out?
Remember to also consider the fence height to keep strays in or out. Click to see more on wildlife and dog fences.
- Does it need to reduce noise?
With the options available, acoustic fencing can not only reduce noise, but look great too.
- Does my neighbour need to be included?
If you share a common boundary, you may be interested to learn more about the Dividing Fences Legislation here.
- Are there any obstacles to the fence line?
E.g. Trees, garden sheds, boulders.